Difference Between Ductile Iron foundry and Cast Iron foundry
Difference Between Ductile Iron and Cast Iron
Ductile iron foundry, cast iron foundry
1. Ductile iron can be bent without breaking.
2. Cast iron is brittle and it breaks when bent.
3. While ductile iron is flexible, cast iron is not.
4. As ductile iron can be bent, it can be made into different shapes and forms. One cannot make out different shapes and forms using cast iron.
5. Cast iron corrodes more quickly than ductile iron.
6. Ductile iron is mainly used in the automobile industry such as trucks, tractors and oil pumps. Cast iron is mainly seen in the construction industry.
7. Ductile iron consists of nodular graphite that give it flexibility.